Tuesday 20 December 2011

Prologue

I've done this once before.  I tried last year to keep a regular record of the books I read, with the fairly simple intention of finding out how many books I read in a year.  The idea was originally that I would just list them, but then it evolved, as most ideas do, and it occurred to me that if I kept a proper diary based on the books I read I would be able to also record my impressions of them. That form of the idea appealed to me because books form a huge part of my life and are constantly shaping me.  So I tried to write about the books I read right after I finished them, and I failed at keeping it up on a regular basis.

So this is a second attempt. I wonder if I try to be more casual about it, and maybe only write about the books I really like, if I will find it easier to keep up?  I guess here I will find out.

I think I will just write to myself, same as I would in a regular diary...it should be interesting to see how much of myself and my life come out in the course of writing about the books I'm reading.

But enough reflection. It is time to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment