Saturday 7 January 2012

All Clear - Connie Willis

This book threw my whole week off because I was so happy my library had it I went to get it as soon as I could, and stayed awake til 3am reading.  Such a bad decision. Coming so soon after New Years, and in a week when I'm getting up just after 7 to drive my love to work before going to work myself...it just destroyed me.  I still feel like it was worth it to read that book in big chunks like that though. It was so, so good.  Love them both and already loaned Blackout to my stepmother, and have been telling almost everyone else I've talked to about the books.

All Clear picks up the story right away and carries it along with the same brisk pace.  The two books truly read like one story in two volumes, which is my favorite kind of series.  It is full of tension, mystery, suspense, heart-aching glimpses of history,  and surprising touches of romance.  It has a great ending that ties everything up well and has a nice little twist to it.

Blackout and All Clear come together as a strong story from start to finish with all kinds of great concepts and plenty of intrigue. Loved them!  --- I was just thinking I've been really lucking out with the books I've read lately, all the ones I've been reading for the first time have been just bloody fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment